T

Monday 3 September 2012

The Worst Thing About Facebook Comes To Google: Birthday Reminders

tctv birthdayI was thinking about covering the launch of Google Birthday reminders, (which actually debuted Tuesday, sorry), but I decided instead to just post some pictures of what Google looks like these days. You may remember that the homepage was taken over with a giant Nexus 7 ad earlier this week, and now Google is getting all Facebook-like with these “birthday reminders.” Because really, my favorite thing about Facebook is how we’ve all been conditioned to leave messages like “hoping you’re having a great birthday!” on each others’ Timelines. Definitely the best part of social networking, right?



I especially like how these reminders even appear on the search result pages on Google, because there’s no better place to remind you to stop all that Internet research you were doing and go tell your friends you were happy they were born.
Yes, I’m being negative. I know you adore birthday reminders, and think this is a excellent new feature. Go ahead, tell me all about it. Also, no you can’t have your 5 minutes back you spent reading this post. And as to why is this on TechCrunch when it’s such old news? Because I felt like it. So there.
I’ll admit, maybe I’m just getting too old to care about birthdays. After I turned 21 OVER 10 YEARS AGO I stopped giving a crap about my birthday and those of my friends. It’s all downhill from there anyway. Well, unless until you hit 90 or 100. I’ll definitely post on your Facebook/Google+ then, if such a thing still exists.
Google Lately:
Google In Earlier Days:

0 comments:

Post a Comment